Recommended reading for technical writers. Where possible, we've linked to a publisher or author page.
- Bugs in Writing - writing style, best practices.
- Content Strategy 101 - introduction to content strategy, maximise the value of your technical content.
- Docs Like Code - the docs like code methodology.
- Don't Make Me Think, 3rd ed. - usability.
- Every Page is Page One - online documentation, information foraging, content organisation.
- How to Make Sense of Any Mess - an introduction to information architecture.
- Letting Go of the Words - writing web content that works.
- Living Documentation - a domain driven design approach to documentation.
- Managing Writers - managing documentation projects.
- The Product is Docs - writing technical documentation in a product development group.
- Wicked, Incomplete, and Uncertain - user support and technical communication.